-I’ll Probe Kwankwaso, Ganduje says
YBTC NEWS-Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, on Wednesday, said he will probe his predecessor, Senator Rabiu Kwankwanso over diversion of multi-million naira road contracts in the state.
Mr Ganduje further pointed out that the EFCC had gone far in its investigation into how the former governor diverted funds meant for the construction of 5-kilometre roads in the 44 local governments of the state.
The governor, who dropped the hint while inaugurating 12 campaign committees for his second term bid, stated that the anti-graft agency was able to discover how the fund was collected from the 44 local governments.
“I was the deputy governor when the project was conceived and 90 per cent of the total sum of the contract was provided by the 44 local governments while the remaining 10 per cent was provided by the state government.
“However, Kwankwaso collected the 90 per cent from the 44 local governments, paid the mobilisation fee and funded his presidential campaign with the remaining balance.
“The Kwankwasiyya people have started campaigning with the 5km road project but I will expose them,” Mr Ganduje said.
Kindly, share this story with your family and friends
Follow us on twitter@YBTC NEWS