Bribe Videos: Ganduje mobilises 3,000 thugs to scuttle Jaafar Jaafar appearance

0

 

 

 

-Bribe Videos: Ganduje mobilises 3,000 thugs to scuttle Jaafar Jaafar appearance

YBTC NEWS-The Kano State government has mobilized over 3,000 thugs from 44 local government areas of the state to create chaos and scuttle the scheduled appearance before Kano State House of Assembly.

DAILY NIGERIAN had published verified videos clips showing the governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Ganduje, receiving bribe from a contractor.

Although the state government had described the footages as “cloned” and threatened legal action against the publisher and the medium.

On October 18, the assembly invited DAILY NIGERIAN and its publisher, Jaafar Jaafar, to appear before its seven-man investigative panel to answer questions regarding the authenticity of the video clips published by the newspaper.

DAILY NIGERIAN lawyers had already written to the police, State Security Service, SSS, seeking adequate security “before, during and after” the investigative hearing on Thursday.

Amnesty International had also written to the Inspector-General of Police, Rabiu Yusuf, requesting security cover for the publisher before, during and after the event, but the agency is yet to receive the IGP’s reply.

But credible security sources said the Kano State Commissioner of Police, Rabiu Yusuf, who is doing the governor’s bidding, had given nod for the state government to mobilise thugs to create chaos.

“Thugs have already been mobilised to attack you or scuttle the hearing. On normal circumstance, the CP should not have allowed them to

“The CP is complicit. That is just the truth of the matter,” a security source told Mr Jaafar on Wednesday.

Top government officials who had also pleaded with DAILY NIGERIAN publisher not to appear before the panel “in order to put the matter to rest”.

“If we allow you to appear before the panel, we know you will convince everybody that the clips are original.

“We are managing the situation now, but your testimony will deteriorate the situation.

“I am telling you in confidence that government will not allow you to come.

“All of us here in government, even members of the House of Assembly, know that the video clips genuine, but we have to defend the government,” said a top government official who spoke in confidence with DAILY NIGERIAN publisher.

Spokesman for Kano Police Command, Magaji Majia, however said “adequate security arrangement” would be made, saying he was not aware of the government’s plan to mobilise the thugs.

Director-General, Media Affairs to the governor, Aminu Yassar, denied the alleged plan to mobilise the thugs, saying the government respects the independence of the Legislature and would not scuttle democratic process.

Kindly, Share this Story with your family and friends

Follow us on Twitter@YBTC NEWS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here