by: Aishat Alpha
YBTC NEWS-If humans had the opportunity to pick a super power, it would be how to get things done easily. Zipf’s Principle of Least Effort emphasizes this.
The Pomodoro Technique is a time management technique that allows you to focus and get things done, without leaving you exhausted, and all the while pumping enthusiasm into you.
How to use the technique
- Identify a task you want to work on. This technique is to help you focus, but if you don’t have anything to focus on, what’s the need?
- Set your timer for 25 minutes. Focus for 25 on your task without any distractions. Give it all of your attention and best.
- Go for a break. When your timer goes off at 25 minutes, go for a 5-minute break. Take a walk, speak to someone, drink something, look at something else. Just don’t continue working for those 5 minutes.
- Back to work. After your 5-minute break, go back to work and repeat steps one to four.
- After every four Pomodoros (100 minutes), take a longer break of 15-30 minutes.
Getting things done haven’t been this fun, have they?!
Try it and tell us what you think in the comments! Have a great week ahead.
Kindly, Share this Article with your Family and Friends